[Question #57483]: Question on install partitioning

New question #57483 on Easy Peasy:

Up front, I am a complete neophyte when it comes to Linux so some of this may seem stupid, but I hope I can get a clear answer to my questions.

I just purchased an EEE PC 4G.  I fooled around with it for about a week looking at different things but really didnt dreate any files.  I found out about EasyPeasy from a friend and have use the liveCD to test it out.  I really like it and wany to completely replace the installed Xandros OS with it. I have an external CD/DVD and an install from a disk.  I statrted the install up and got to the part about partitioning.

I wasn't sure that I needed to use the whole 4G for a partition.  My first question is should I?

I thought I shouldn't since the initial configuration showed 2 partitions, so I decided to use manual.  WHen it scanned the disks there were fout that showed up.

/dev/sta1   ext2     2467MB
/dev/sda2  ext3     1513 MB
/dev/sda3                  8MB
/dev/sda4                  8MB

If was confused as to how to format the partitions.  Specifically what each "use As:" means

ext3 Journaling files system
ext2 file system
ReiserFS jounaling file system
JFS journaling file system
XFS jounaling file system
FAT16 file system
FAT32 file system
swap area
do not use the partition

SO my question is..............  What is the best partitioning scheme for Easy Peasy (i.e. number of partitions, what to use them for, etc.)

Also, is there any way to delete the partitions that wont be used?

Any help at all  would be greatly appreciated.

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.