ubuntu-elisp team mailing list archive

Re: Packaging emacs23 for Ubuntu

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Reinhard Tartler<siretart@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Well, I wasn't really saying that we should continue this way,
>> merely asking what others think.  There are very good reasons for
>> not using Debian's packages (detailed on the wiki), but given the
>> team's apparent lack of manpower, I wonder if going our own way is
>> reasonable...
>
> TBH, I feel similar

[Re-sent, after a mail client snafu.]

Yeah, I'm severely lacking on time and motivation to continue
maintaining our own packages.  It may be best to just use Debian's,
even though it galls me to lose the manuals.  Perhaps we could
convince the maintainers of the Debian package to conditionalize the
pulling of the manuals based on some flag set in debian/rules (or
maybe they do this already ... it's been a while).

--
Michael Olson  ||  http://mwolson.org/
Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS