ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Software Center instead of gnome-packagekit

At the risk of sounding a bit borked myself :-~...

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Nathanel Titane
<nathanel.titane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems I must unfortunately agree now - I wanted to install 'Nitro' and it
> seems only the software center caters this application, and maybe many
> others. Trying to use a specific apt-url that links to the center borks the
> install process, as the center is not installed by default.
>
> Go for it then - or else it'll have to become a bug report and then mucho
> fixes.

... is there some reason we can't use Synaptic as a temporary solution
(personally I prefer to use it as a permanent solution but that's
another story).

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx

C'est ma façon de parler.