ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Firefox & LibreOffice included by default

On 21 February 2013 03:02, Tim <darkxst@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just ship a very limited number of games, probably the first thing any gamers will be doing is installing steam? Otherwise games
> are very easy to find in USC.

The included games are for casual users but it is an interesting point
if the GNOME games aren't useful to gamers. Games obviously aren't
interesting to enterprises either (but since they should know how to
customize their own defaults, that point doesn't hold much weight by
itself).

On 21 February 2013 03:31, Samuel Monsarrat <smonsarr.junk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> But I would prefer no default client to Evolution as it can be a bit daunting to remove.

I'm guessing that you tried to remove evolution-data-server which is a
core library of both GNOME and Unity and not designed to be removed.

On 21 February 2013 15:34, Bastien Traverse <bastien.traverse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So about the email client, I don't use one either (webmail it is), however
> it seems to me a proper distro should ship with one; hence I recommend

Why do you think a proper Linux distro needs to ship with an email
client? Is it just because that's always been done? I think a large
number of users never use the email app. At least for transmission, an
average person is likely to want to download a .torrent at some point.

Jeremy