Re: The Title

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 14:55 -0600, Wolter Hellmund wrote:
> I think that Thomas Cantara's feedback is great. In fact, I support it.
>
> Vish, I don't quite understand what you are saying about alphas and
> betas; as I read the wiki page you linked us to, I couldn't find a "only
> for use with alpha and beta releases of Ubuntu" warning. The words
> aren't even present in the document.

"a set of codenames are used by developers and testers during the
buildup to a release:"
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevelopmentCodeNames

Trust me , I didnt know this earlier either , I'v been told this from
the Canonical folks and by Desktop team , they pointed the wiki to me,
there is also a bug for this too, [I can find it it for some
reason :(  ]

> Now, I know that the X.YY are the official way to tag a release, but
> sooner or later people will be puzzled with the code names because they
> are used much in forums and IRC chatrooms.

Yes this is the problem , since most of the folks doing the support are
either developers or early testers.

Again , it's not my personal opinion[personally I only use the
codename] , this is the Official Ubuntu stance on the issue.

--
Cheers,
Vish