Re: [Titlepage] New proposal

Well, as expected, we have likes and unlikes.

	To Thorsten:
Well, I know we kind of 'settled' something on the IRC chatroom, but
still that only involved you and vish... I think the opinion of
non-artists is important too, for they have eyes as well.

	To Vishnoo:
You and Thorsten brought up similar points, which is interesting. Now, I
do not intend to compromise the ubuntu manual to have always an animal
on its coverpage. Would it be ideal? Yes it would, but its not
mandatory. You seem to think about the cover as something that has to
keep a single design, rather than change with time giving space to new
(and hopefully better) art. If you don't like the fact that the lynx is
only a half face, then I can make a full face out of it--I just need to
make some minor modifications, duplicate the face and place it right.

About the colors not being friendly enough, or some being aggressive and
whatnot, I think I do not agree with you. Grey colors give the cover a
sober look, which is serious and not necessarily unfriendly. Its
elegant. In fact, I chose those colors (so called unfriendly grey and
aggressive red/orange/yellow) because they are the ones that you can see
on the ubuntu homepage, moreover, they are the colors that represent
ubuntu). Now, I think that the design of Ubuntu being the pathway to
light is not bad at all; on the contrary: its a good image for Ubuntu.
The rest (about everything before Ubuntu being non-pleasant) is nothing
explicit. Note that on one hand you told me to make the outside of the
room darker, and then you told me not to try to represent that metaphor.

I don't think that the lynx looks unfriendly. It just looks like a lynx.
Besides, I don't think we should remove the lynx from the coverpage as
it is one of the elements that has received excellent feedback.