Re: Edition?

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 06:45 +1300, Benjamin Humphrey wrote:
> My original plan was to have version 1.0 for lucid, then revisions to
> lucid would be like 1.1, 1.2 etc.
>
> Then the release for 10.10/lucid+1 could either be 2.0 or we just
> repeat what we've done for this release, 0.x for development and 1.0
> for first release.

Yes, that's what I wanted to avoid. We can't expect that our readers
know the meaning of the major.minor scheme, but most people should have
a reasonably good idea of what a "2nd Edition, "2nd Version" or "2nd
Release" is supposed to mean, it's just that my initial proposal with
"Edition" might set too far reaching expectations.

I really don't want to see a 1.1 document for Ubuntu 10.04, even less a
2.0 for 10.10 ...

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: