From: Chris Woollard <cwoollard@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ubuntu-l10n-nl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ubuntu-translators
<ubuntu-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 5 November, 2010 10:46:28
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-manual] Releasing manuals less often, ditching translations

I have been thinking quite a lot about the idea of doing a new manual only for
the LTS release. This could be a reasonable idea considering the amount of time
and effort involved in writing a manual.

In addition to the LTS manual, it might be worth doing a New Features guide
every release that just contains changes since the LTS. Obviously this would be
a lot shorter than a full manual release, so should be easier to do. Maybe just
containing an updated installation chapter and a chapter about other new
features. Considering that with 11.04 the default interface is changing to
unity, it might be useful.

Let me know what you think?

Thanks
Chris

I agree too as translator (Galician). Manual only for LTS is