Re: click-and-hold

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn
<lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> imho, to make a menu appear you just click (not hold).
> If drag means "To click a mouse button on an object, hold the mouse button,
> and move the mouse to move the object", then it is superfluous to use it in
> combination with "click-and-hold" unless you want to explain to beginners
> step-by-step what to do, like in the examples mentioned below
> (Click-and-hold on the tab and drag the tab to a new place).

I should've been more explicit in my menu example. With older Mac
computers (which only had one-button mice), you could press-and-hold
the mouse button to bring up the context menu – essentially the same
menu you'd get if you right-clicked on a PC.  For normal menus (File,
Edit, View, etc.), you don't need to press-and-hold, just "select."

--Kevin