Re: top bar, menu bar, panel or top panel

On 12 July 2012 10:58, Phil Bull <philbull@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my experience, this sort of discussion goes round in circles, and no-one
> ever makes a decision because no-one feels they have the authority. That
> being the case, I humbly suggest that you defer to the upstream GNOME
> recommendation, "top bar", as justified above. Does anyone have any
> objections to that?

The problem is that, as per Jeremy's earlier email, the language we
use should be consistent with the wording used in the UI, which is
"menu bar". This appears in the system settings, and also in some of
the menus themselves. Any proposed change to this terminology needs to
be taken up with the team which designs Ubuntu's UI.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org