Re: Reflection and review

I'm not sure if I'd agree that the beginners are most likely to use an
LTS version. They're most likely going to use whatever the most current
version available is. Simply because when you go to the download page,
it's offering the most current available version--and the LTS is under a
separate link.  Right now, yes it's the LTS version, but in October, it
will be 12.10 (Quantal), and the person will have to find the LTS
version.

So, it needs to be kept up with the releases (IMHO). The nice thing is
that as long as they don't make any major changes (like Unity, for
example), it shouldn't be too difficult to keep up with the releases.

As long as the manual is put out close enough to the release date, that
it's relevant, that's good. But, we don't want to go back to where we
were two cycles ago-- where the manual for one release was going to be
put out after the next release (or worse yet, after two releases) had
occurred. That's why we don't have an Oneric version. It wasn't going to
be released until around the same time as Precise was released. So the
decision was made to scrap it, and move everything to Precise instead.

I'm probably overstepping my bounds here, and I apologize for that.

Have a great day:)
Patrick.