Re: New website

I agree with Paddy, that WordPress (or another CMS system like Drupal)
would be the best way to go. With WordPress at least, you can

1.  Configure logins and permissions for the editors and other admin.
2.  Change the theme relatively easily (and even create your own
themes).
3.  Create multi-lingual sites.

And because it's all php based, you should be able to create a string
with the language code in it, so the user will download the manual for
whatever language the site is in.  You might even be able to create a
dropdown, where they can pick whatever language it's avialable in (in
case they're viewing it in one language but want it in another).

Depending on whether you used any php on the test site, you might be
able to migrate it over without a lot of major changes.

Some questions that I have are these (and they're meant to help whoever
develops the site)

1.  Would it be safe to say that the look and feel of
test.ubuntu-manual.org is what you're after?
2.  Do you have a template page for the test site (without any text in
it)?
3.  Are you able to install a CMS on the current host, or will you need
to find new hosting?

All in all, you've got the right idea. Get the requirements down, then
create a mockup of what you want the site to look like. Then create the
site itself.  I should note, that I'm not a web developer (as my
partially created site will definitely show), but I do occasionally
tutor some of the web development courses in my local college.

I would say that if the test site will convert over to a php-based site,
it looks like the best way to go. Since it's all there--just needing to
be tweaked a bit.

I've got about 3 hours before I have to leave for work, so I'll do a
little research into actually creating a multi-lingual site in
WordPress. I did post a couple of links to the group a while back, so
I'll add those to the page (along with any information I can find about
specifying the language used in the download).

Have a great day:)
Patrick.