Re: User name in screenshots

On Sat, 2012-08-04 at 13:32 +0200, Carsten Gerlach wrote:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> Am 04.08.2012 12:57, schrieb Patrick Dickey:
> > Part of the issue is this. If you put a space between the first and
> > last name (Ubuntu User), then your username becomes "ubuntu"
> > because you can't have a space in the username.  So, all of the
> > images that you're looking at reflect the username--not the full
> > name of the person.
>
> Oh, then I have a different behaviour of Ubuntu as you :-) Have a look
> to figure 4.1 in the manual (04-bluetooth-left-click.png). There I
> used "Ubuntu User" as full name for the user account, and the user
> name is "ubuntu". But in the picture I have the full name, not the
> user name.

Ok, I'll give you this. I just checked my User Settings, and it shows my
full name (and "ubuntu" for the other account). That was an error on my
part. Although I haven't checked my virtual machine (which is where I
took the screenshots from).  I'll check that after I send this reply,
and fix it if needed.

Before we start changing all of the screenshots, let's wait for Kevin to
wake up (or Hannie and/or John to weigh in). He may say that it's a
minor enough issue that it doesn't need to be fixed.  Or, he may say
that they need to be changed.  I think as long as all of them either say
"Ubuntu" or "Ubuntu User", then it shouldn't matter (just my personal
opinion). It's minor compared to one of the screenshots saying "John
Doe" or "Steve McQueen" and the rest saying "Ubuntu" or "Ubuntu User".

Have a great day:)
Patrick.