Re: User name in screenshots

> Ok, now I understand. In this case a other placeholder name should be
chosen. What do you suggest?

Any common forename and surname would be fine.

Although you could use something like John Q Public (American) or Joe
Bloggs (UK), these refer to unspecified people. They would look odd in a
screen-shot that represents a supposedly "real" person (albeit invented).

In the same way, I would suggest that translated languages use a common
name for that language rather than a standard place-holder.

Thinking about screen-shots that incorporate emails or social media, the
invented personae of the colleagues or friends do not likewise need to
be common names, but it probably would be a good idea.

Another aspect to think about is the image of the person, if used in
(say) Facebook or Twitter accounts. If none is used, you could use a
gender-neutral name such as Sandy.

Paddy