Re: Dash search data and Chapter 2

Hello, Jim.

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you on the state of the
Dash search results. Hopefully we'll here something solid soon.

As to the schedule for the manual, this is what I had outlined at the
beginning of the cycle:

Authoring phase (now – 17 Sep):
* Changes to the second edition of Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.04
should be incorporated
* Authors update and write new content
* Draft screenshots are put in place
* First draft is released at the end of this phase

Editing phase (17 Sep – 1 Oct):
* Editors copy-edit and proofread the content
* Second draft is released at the end of this phase

Indexing phase (1 Oct – 8 Oct):
* Final screenshots are put in place
* The manual is indexed
* Glossary entries are edited and linked
* Public draft is released at the end of this phase

Public comments phase (8 Oct – 15 Oct):
* Comments and edits from the public are received and incorporated
into the manual
* Final draft is released at the end of this phase

Release phase (15 Oct – 18 Oct):
* The manual is prepared for release
* The manual is released at the end of this phase

You can also view the milestones and their dates on Launchpad at
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/quantal>.  This schedule was
designed to allow for the manual to be published on the release day of
Ubuntu 12.10.

At this point, the editing should be complete (according to the
schedule). I'm going to send out an email next to collect status
reports to see where we actually stand.

Thanks!

--Kevin