From: Tony Pursell <ajp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 4 October 2012 09:47
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-manual] Fwd: online accounts
To: Andrew Montag <ajmontag@xxxxxxxxx>

HI Andrew

On 4 October 2012 07:48, Andrew Montag <ajmontag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Hannie,
>
> Thanks for updating this.
>
> When I was authoring the section for Instant Messaging, I could not tell
> how this new account management related to adding or removing contacts from
> Empathy. That section is still not revised for quantal (unless someone else
> did it).

I have made changes to the Instant Messaging section.  I picked up on the
problem of the new Online Accounts settings manager while editing the
Microblogging Section.  What I have done in both Microblogging and Instant
Messaging is

1) to try and make it clear that the Accounts menu option calls the Online
Accounts settings manager

2) to refer to Online Accounts (rather than Empathy or Gwibber), where
appropriate

3) put a marginote to warn of the side effects of Adding and Removing
accounts for any one app

4) make a few changes where button names, etc have changed.

In a future version of the manual, it may be appropriate to create a new
separate section or subsection to describe the Online Accounts settings
manager as a separate entity.

> What do you think? In my opinion we could remove these two paragraphs
> anyway, since people tend to manage contacts through the account provider
> anyway.

You may be right about this, but there are still facilities in Empathy to
remove contacts, for instance, from the contact list.