Re: Quickshot 2.0 - Creating a PPA

On 06/09/2013 09:32 PM, Thomas Corwin wrote:

> And I have not looked at the Quickshot stuff yet.
>
> Also, don't expect a lot for this release of the manual. I'm a
> Windows developer trying to use Mono C# environment. The application
> will be able to take a full screenshot, and a specific window shot in
> the first release. it would be easier if I could find a team to help
> being it back to life. It would also be helpful to have all of the
> old project files used to create it...

I'm slightly confused... quickshot is (or was) a "Quickly" app in
Python, not a C# app.  See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Quickly .  Why start
over using a totally different language and ask for "project files"?

You can do a normal

  bzr branch lp:quickshot

to get the current quickshot codebase (and all history of that codebase,
for the 7 months in 2010 it was under development).  That should include
all the Ubuntu packaging files (under debian/ ) needed to build a
quickshot package from source using the usual Debian/Ubuntu packaging
tools.  What would you need "project files" (as in the ones used by MS
Visual Studio?) for?  Or does (bzr branch lp:quickshot) provide what you
meant by "project files"?

Wouldn't it make more sense to fix the existing quickshot app than to
start over in a new language (and development environment) entirely?

Info on creating a PPA is at https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA
when you need it, by the way :)

Jonathan