Re: Installation of TexLive on Saucy alpha 1

On 06/28/2013 05:15 PM, Jim Connett wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to install TexLive on 13.10 Alpha1? ...

There seems to be a problem.  The last line of the install-pkgs.log file
reads:

  cannot setup TLPDB in /home/jonathan/texmf at /usr/bin/tlmgr line 5300

I'll play with getting that script to work better on Saucy (which
installs texlive 2013 from itspackages, which the script does not check
for) and see if that helps.  If not, we'll probably need Kevin to take a
look at the script and/or help determine why tlmgr is generating that error.

I see that Saucy also lacks the ttf-thai-tlwg package.  I can tweak the
script not to try to install that, too.

I don't quite know why we think we need all these non-Roman fonts, since
we are not translating the Ubuntu Manual into Bengali, Telugu, Thai,
etc. as far as I know :)

Does the build system really fail to build the Ubuntu Manual PDF if we
lack these non-roman fonts?  And if so, why -- what does the manual use
them for?

Jonathan