Re: Installation of TexLive on Saucy alpha 1

On 06/28/2013 06:56 PM, Jonathan Marsden wrote:

> On 06/28/2013 05:15 PM, Jim Connett wrote:

>> Has anyone attempted to install TexLive on 13.10 Alpha1? ...

> There seems to be a problem.  The last line of the install-pkgs.log file
> reads:
>
>   cannot setup TLPDB in /home/jonathan/texmf at /usr/bin/tlmgr line 5300
>
> I'll play with getting that script to work better on Saucy ...

It works a lot better now :)

The script was testing for "upstream" texlive by looking for tlmgr!  But
the new texlive packages in Ubuntu include that utility, so the script
confused itself.

For some reason my Saucy VM is downloading stuff from the Internet at
70kBps, not 1.2MBps ~= 10mbit/sec which is what I usually get!  So
testing is taking a while...

I'll commit the edited script once I am a little more confident it
works.  Maybe another hour or so.

Jonathan