Alt Left

It may depend on your keyboard layout. In Raring I have English (US with
dead keys) and on the keyboard layout chart I see this on the left
control keys: Shift L, Control L, Super L, Meta L, and Alt L.
So in my case Alt L means Left Alt. And when I press Alt Left, the HUD
opens up.
Of course this may be different when you choose another keyboard layout.
This might be something we should mention in our manual.
Regards,
Hannie
P.s. My apologies for changing the name of the subject, but I thought
this more appropriate.