Re: Application Software, button All

Op 05-04-16 om 17:35 schreef Gunnar Hjalmarsson:
On 2016-04-05 11:31, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
... when I click the All button at the top of the window, I get the
home page (the same page you get when you start the application
Software. Shouldn't I get a list of all available applications? Is
it a bug?
That list would be huge, so maybe it's intentional and not a bug, but
rather the button takes you to a place where you can search all the
packages. But I'm not sure.

Thanks for this reply, Gunnar. I find the label on this button All a bit confusing, but your explanation sounds reasonable. When I compare it with the "All software" button in USC, I must confess that you also land on the main page. The only difference is that in USC there is a submenu next to the All software button where you can choose between Ubuntu, Canonical Partners and Shopping. Personally, I find USC better than gnome-software, but in Xenial we have no choice.
Hannie

On our manual list I got the following answer:

Not sure it's a bug: clicking All is the only way to go back to the home page when you're in the Installed or in the Updates pages.

        - Sylvie