ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

systemd 209 released

Hi guys!

Version 209 of systemd was just released. The complete announcement is
available at:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-February/017146.html

A key point for us:

        * logind has been extended to support behaviour like VT
          switching on seats that do not support a VT. This makes
          multi-session available on seats that are not the first seat
          (seat0), and on systems where kernel support for VTs has
          been disabled at compile-time.

Of course, we must wait for Xorg/Wayland/DEs/whatever to gain support for
this feature before we can get full user-switching in non-seat0 seats. Hans
de Goede @ Red Hat is working hard to integrate new logind features to Xorg
server.

Good news are coming...

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM