ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: new ubuntu multiseat wiki page

> Ah, I see.  I think tagging it with 'seat' will help simplify your config

I've tried to tag my SM501 card as "seat" with the following udev rule:

DEVPATH=="/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:04:01.0", TAG+="seat",
TAG+="master-of-seat"

In fact, it works. Nevertheless, I've just remembered another scenario when
I need to tag other device than a graphics card as "master-of-seat": my
SM501 card is dual-headed, so I can set two seats on top of it using two
Xephyr servers running on top of a single X server. In this case, however,
the graphics card could not be by master device, because it's a single
device for two seats.

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT

Laércio