ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: new ubuntu multiseat wiki page

On 2014-02-19 14:47, Laércio de Sousa wrote:
>> Hardware assignments through loginctl are not permanent, right?
>
> Hardware assignments through loginctl are permanent.  For each such
> assignment, loginctl creates a 72-seat*.rules file in /etc/udev/rules.d.
> If you revert your assignments with command "loginctl flush-devices", it
> gets rid of all these 72-seat*.rules files.

Whoa, I didn't know that!  That's awesome.  I imagine it's much easier
to use loginctl than to write udev rules manually.

Perhaps we should re-write the "Configure Seat Hardware" instructions
and tell people to use loginctl instead of writing udev rules.  (They'd
still have to manually write udev rules to set the 'seat' tag if it's
missing.)

-Richard