Re: Tethering and Overclocking?

Hello Daniel,

'Tethering' functionality should be provided in the network settings like
on the current desktop interface, IIRC.

IMHO I think the user shouldn't interfere with CPU scaling and other things
like schedulers as the Franco kernel does on Android. Good defaults should
cover these situations.

Droid 2 sounds to me like it's over 3 years old, you should spend a few
bucks on getting a replacement battery instead of fuzzing with frequencies.
The Franco kernel already showcased how tricky it can get for only a few
chip sets to get the different frequencies right. Giving the user control
about these settings wasn't part of the default desktop and shouldn't be
for the phone either. Also I recall that governors have been discussed on
LKML a few years ago and the result was that the CPU should finish work as
fast as possible to get back into idle state. All in all giving the user
control in the GUI just gives more options to screw up a device. Savvy
users always can do these tasks from the terminal and probably read the
documentation.

Regards, Benjamin