Re: [Ubuntu-Clock-App] Alarm functionality question

On 03/16/2013 05:47 PM, Thomas Long II wrote:
I'm not any sort of programmer but I've been using Linux for quite a
while & have enjoyed testing out the Ubuntu Touch builds as they come.
  Anyhow, I'm wondering if utilizing the cron daemon would be a good
solution to the alarm clock timer since it's how Linux/Unix admins often
schedule maintenance tasks & other jobs on servers/desktops?  The app
could write a line to the crontab specifying when to later trigger the
alarm actions.  Just a thought, there may be better ways of doing this
in the SDK that I'm not familiar with but thought I'd chime in with an idea.

Tom

Exactly what I was thinking. This sounds like a very reasonable solution in my opinion.

--
Octavian Damiean

Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~mainerror
Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/u/418183