Re: Addressing the lack of Trademark License for YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Core Apps

On Mar 18, 2013 6:44 PM, "Robert Bruce Park" <robert.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 13-03-18 06:16 PM, ɈɐȿϞƐęţ ṧḯṋפԋ Ҝалɗɧɑɤɨ wrote:
> > I would like to put across a different view point, show the masses
> > something which is even better than the default app, and they will
> > migrate before you know it.
>
> Unfortunately, you're wrong.
>
> > If they need facebook app , let facebook work on it...
>
> We absolutely can not wait around for Facebook to develop an app for
> our platform. Think about it from their point of view. Why would they
> spend any resources at all trying to support a platform that has
> literally zero percent market share? To them, it's a lot of effort for
> nothing. And if we release a phone that can not access facebook, then
> our phone is utterly irrelevant in the modern world of social networking.
>
> The indisputable fact of the matter is that we *have* to have Facebook
> (and Twitter, etc) apps on launch day, and nobody is going to make
> them for us but us.

But Facebook and Twitter and YouTube make their own apps they don't sell
those rights and they don't allow others to use their brand name... I think
on one hand your wrong though... They made apps for Firefox OS.... So why
not Ubuntu Touch?