Re: Addressing the lack of Trademark License for YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Core Apps

I'm not trying to get them made by the community and as it stands they
are core apps which is already a community effort. I'm simply trying
to highlight that there are branding issues with third party services
that need to be addressed.

And I totally agree that there is almost no chance that these services
are going to allow that level of API requests.... Twitter on its own
is very notorious for rate limiting API and also suining people who
use their logo or even the word "Tweet" or "Twitter" (See
http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/11/twitter-fences-tweet-trademark-again/
)

Since Canonical decided these will be core apps they should make the
effort to get a appropriate license to use the Trademarks and any
copyright protected text and images.
(http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/08/12/trademark-copyright-and-logos/)

As it stands right now these core apps use the Debian Package format
and have license files that license the entirety of the content under
the GPLv3 including these brands logos... Which I believe is not
allowed by Debian Policy.