Re: [Design] Phone locking

Oliver,

I think you'r totally wrong moving this discussion from 'Locking' to the
whole guidelines of Ubuntu Touch.

Obviously Ubuntu Touch is not focused to power-users and I think no one is
suggesting that (at least I'm not), but if guided by fear of configurations
Ubuntu Touch will be a system that by default prohibits you to change
anything, it will be a iOS.

We are talking about giving the user a default configuration that works for
80% of the users, and a plus for the most advanced users, a plus that by
the way could be a really cool function and something
people probably spread about. If we really want to make a difference, don't
let the whole task of doing great functionality to third parties and put at
least a couple of power user functionalities in system apps.

Returning to the Lock Screen discussion, most people will hate than after
blocked the device 5 minutes unlock and find another wallpaper, menu, apps,
etc. I think the best behavior is to select the user (if more than one) and
then load it without unlock keyring and then do all thing we all agree
before.

Cheers,
Miguel Castiblanco