Re: How to make deb package?

Another issue with Debian packaging from an App developer's point of
view is the App is packaged twice actually.

The first package is done by Autotools, the goal is to offer a usual
"configure; make; sudo make install" interface.

The second package is done by a number of Debian tools (I cannot name
all of them at this point), it utilize the "configure; make; sudo make
install" interface to build a Debian package.

However, after all, why we cannot produce a package directly from source code?

It doesn't seems to be a priority for App developers to cater those
users who want to create a custom build of the App through configure
options.

So my point is simple. We can continue to use the traditional way for
command line tools. However for mobile/desktop apps aim at end users,
the build system should be greatly simplified. Otherwise it is just
hostile to potential developers.