Re: How to make deb package?

hi,
On Di, 2013-04-09 at 19:57 +0300, Zoltán Balogh wrote:

> Actually it is not that difficult and we have good tools. The pkgme,
> pbuilder and the dozen of wrapper apps make packaging simple.
>
> But regardless how good wrappers and how well automated toolchain we
> invent to make it even more simple the developer still need to have the
> information for the control file and at least have some idea what
> license is the best for the application.

is there any reason to build the package (instead of uploading it to a
PPA) ?
all my above comments in this thread were solely referring to create a
source package once you are done with programming and have a ready to
run app (that you tested in qmlscene or by using a device (or even by
using a yet to come emulator) in an unpackaged manner ...

there should be no need at all to build a binary package locally ... our
sdk should just make sure a source package is created and probably have
a "publish to PPA" button where the binary package then gets built ...

*if* someone wants to do a local build i would consider that an advanced
task for which you can indeed use a pbuilder or some such ... generally
creating a *source* package should be completely arch agnostic though
and easy to automate from the sdk ...

ciao
	oli