Re: Ubuntu Touch: Can't change keyboard input language

On 06/13/2013 06:36 PM, Morten Meisdalen wrote:
> I've tried to change keyboard input language. I'm Norwegian and missing
> the letters Æ Ø Å. Followed the method in release notes, but when i try
> to save after edit the OSK i get error:
> ".config/maliit.org./server.conf" E212: Can't open file for writing"
>
> I also get error when apt-get upgrade: perl: warning: Setting locale
> failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LANGUAGE
> = "nb_NO:en", LC_ALL = (unset), LANG = "nb_NO.UTF-8" are supported and
> installed on your system. perl: warning: Falling back to the standard
> locale ("C"). locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such
> file or directory locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No
> such file or directory locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No
> such file or directory
>
> Someone knows what I've done wrong, and how to fix it?

Currently changing the language and keyboard settings is manual as
you've pointed out. Will be available via settings ui in the future. For
now you'd need to do the following using the latest saucy based images:

1) access device via ssh/adb
2) su - phablet to login as phablet user
3) if ~/.config/maliit.org/server.conf doesn't exist, then cp
/etc/xdg/maliit.org/server.conf ~/.config/maliit.org
4) edit server.conf to add Norwegian keyboard and make it active. Should
look like this:
[maliit]
onscreen\active=libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:no

pluginsettings\libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so\current_style
= ubuntu
pluginsettings\libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so\word_engine_enabled
= false

onscreen\enabled=libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:en_gb, \
libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:en_us, \
libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:no, \
libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:de, \
libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:es, \
libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:zh_cn_cangjie, \
libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:zh_cn_pinyin, \
libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:zh_cn_zhuyin,

5) sudo locale-gen nb_NO.UTF-8
*6) sudo vi /etc/default/locale change to LANG="nb_NO.UTF-8"**
**7) sudo vi /etc/environment change LANG="nb_NO.UTF-8" and
LANGUAGE="nb_NO"**
**8) reboot**
***
If all works, you should see Norwegian characters in the osk and
translated applications (where translations exist in Norwegian) and your
errors should go away when updating.

thanks,
Bill