Re: [design] Intended usage of the page stack navigation model

On 06/26/2013 08:34 AM, Zisu Andrei wrote:
> What exactly gets recreated in those 2MB? Why is that data not created
> when you use the backbutton? I'm pretty it can be altered to have the
> same behaviour. Any ideas?

I don't know really why that happens, but using my changes to the file
manager, which converts it into using a page stack, each time I click on
a folder (which pushes a new page onto the page stack), I can watch the
memory go up in System Monitor. Not sure what you mean about the data
not being created when you use the back button.

Right now, the actual version of the file manager works identically as
one with a page stack, which it does by having one page that displays
the current directory, and a button in place of where the back button
would go that changes the directory up one level.

So the question is, should the file manager use one page, and have an up
button to go up a level, or use the page stack concept, and push a new
page onto the stack for every directory it descends into, using the back
button to go back to the last page, which goes up a directory?

--
Michael Spencer - ibeliever.github.io

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6