Re: Ubuntu Edge (the Ubuntu handset)

>So implementing possibilities to "buy" a smartphone with less specs isn't compatible with the goal of this campaign.A little less specs Not being compatible is your opinion.The only fact I see is that they set a goal and would much prefer for it to be be reached. Am sure they have months or years planning it and waiting for the right moment.
It's not so positive if the campaign gets stuck at like 10 or 13 million, there's not much impact about that.Even with less specs the phone will be a top tier phone. But what really makes the phone is not the hardware, but the software combination and possibilities. So it will still do things that many others wont. Getting ubuntu to more users and developers hands has always been a primary goal.Anyway many resellers got into the 600 promo, but that is over. There's no deal or perk for them anymore, so they left. For Stores and resellers, 40k limited time phones is not that much if you got them, but they don't want to pay full price, because they need to make some returns, so they need now perks that give them discounts for a higher quantity purchase.