Re: patch to fix the kernel cmdline handling

On So, 2013-08-04 at 19:14 +0200, András Mamenyák wrote:
> Okay, now I think I got it right, but still, it sits on samsung logo.
> Sorry if I screwed up again.
> Is it ok BTW that menuconfig changes some other stuff in my defconfig
> file when I only edited the cmdline option?

no, it should not, did you use the defconfig as input ?
what i usally do is go to the kernel source tree, copy the config from
arch/arm/configs/ to .config and then run make menuconfig ... that
should not change anything else than the options you touch ... (though
note that options sometimes have dependencies or like in the initial
case are mutually exclusive so it might indeed set/unset one or the
other during the menuconfig run)

ciao
	oli