Re: [Calendar][Tasks]is a task organization planed within the calendar

On 08/10/2013 04:10 PM, Jörn Reimerdes wrote:
> Nice.
>
> Two journeys that I would consider.
> 1. a shopping list: When it comes to my mind I can add things I need to
> buy to a shopping list (sync with sharing would be a later milestone)
I plan to solve this use case similar to Trello. For individual tasks,
the user will be able to add a checklist of items that must get checked
off to complete the task.
> 2. a list for home improvements: when I recognise a thing that need
> fixing I can add it to a list; eg. *fix that chair
>
> Separate lists would be really great.
I've uploaded an initial version of separate lists - which I'm currently
calling categories based on the implementation - today:
http://sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/ubuntu-tasks-categories/
> Maybe you can give this a thought:
> - tasks can be tagged (with a list of tags)
> - tags can have a colour and a label
That's what I'm planning on doing.
> - the tasks app has a list of the existing tags
> - from that list of tags or a filter page you can go to a list of tasks
> that are tagged with a specific tag
> -- I am not 100% sure but I think you could use the same mechanism for
> priority
Right now I'm currently trying to figure out how to cleanly have both
priority and labels in the UI.

> The possibility of multiple tags would allow me to have the same task in
> my shopping list and in the home improvement list.
That would be really nice to have!

Perhaps instead of tags, there could simply be categories, like I have
currently, and the different lists simply be categories? Then I'd add
the ability to have multiple categories assigned to each task, so tasks
could be in multiple lists.

If I do this, I'd then have labels (tags) that are specific to each
category. So for example, a programming project could have the labels
"Bug", "Feature", and "Discussion", while the Shopping Lists list could
have the labels "Grocery Store", "Hardware Store", etc. The problem with
individual labels is how would they work when a task with labels is in
multiple categories?

Thanks for all the feedback, it is very much appreciated!

--
Michael Spencer - http://sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- Colossians 3:17