Re: [Calendar][Tasks]is a task organization planed within the calendar

Am Samstag, den 10.08.2013, 17:27 -0500 schrieb Michael Spencer:
> On 08/10/2013 04:10 PM, Jörn Reimerdes wrote:
> > Two journeys that I would consider.
> > 1. a shopping list: When it comes to my mind I can add things I need to
> > buy to a shopping list (sync with sharing would be a later milestone)
> I plan to solve this use case similar to Trello. For individual tasks,
> the user will be able to add a checklist of items that must get checked
> off to complete the task.

I would prefer a server that I could host on my Ubuntu server. So maybe
it will be possible to add, a custom sync server.

> > 2. a list for home improvements: when I recognise a thing that need
> > fixing I can add it to a list; eg. *fix that chair
> >
> > Separate lists would be really great.
> I've uploaded an initial version of separate lists - which I'm currently
> calling categories based on the implementation - today:
> http://sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/ubuntu-tasks-categories/

I will take a look at it.

> > Maybe you can give this a thought:
> > - tasks can be tagged (with a list of tags)
> > - tags can have a colour and a label
> That's what I'm planning on doing.
> > - the tasks app has a list of the existing tags
> > - from that list of tags or a filter page you can go to a list of tasks
> > that are tagged with a specific tag
> > -- I am not 100% sure but I think you could use the same mechanism for
> > priority
> Right now I'm currently trying to figure out how to cleanly have both
> priority and labels in the UI.

Maybe it fits right of the due date. There should be space to add
multiple labels/tags

> > The possibility of multiple tags would allow me to have the same task in
> > my shopping list and in the home improvement list.
> That would be really nice to have!
>
> Perhaps instead of tags, there could simply be categories, like I have
> currently, and the different lists simply be categories? Then I'd add
> the ability to have multiple categories assigned to each task, so tasks
> could be in multiple lists.
>
> If I do this, I'd then have labels (tags) that are specific to each
> category. So for example, a programming project could have the labels
> "Bug", "Feature", and "Discussion", while the Shopping Lists list could
> have the labels "Grocery Store", "Hardware Store", etc. The problem with
> individual labels is how would they work when a task with labels is in
> multiple categories?

I really like that idea.

I think it should work, if adding a category enables the possibility to
select labels/tags of the categories which are assigned to a task.

Jörn