Re: [Calendar][Tasks]is a task organization planed within the calendar

On Aug 10, 2013, at 1:10 PM, Michael Spencer <spencers1993@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/10/2013 11:58 AM, Jörn Reimerdes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found the To-do entry in calendar.qml
>>
>> Are there any journeys, blueprints or other plans for the todo/tasks
>> or is it a placeholder.
>>
>> Is it a "should be done later" part of the calendar app, or would
>> journey and design suggestions be welcome?
>>
>> Greetings, Jörn
> For the App Showdown I've started developing Ubuntu Tasks. Perhaps the
> todo functionality should left to the Ubuntu Tasks app?
>
> I plan on it covering the basic TODO-list user case, plus a whole lot more.
>
> http://sonrisesoftware.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/ubuntu-tasks/
> https://github.com/iBeliever/tasks-app

That's good stuff. You should consider using QOrganizer and its's Todo related classes [1] in your client code of you are not already. This will allow you to transparently hook into the same backend that Calendar will be using once the EDS plugin is written (currently in progress). A benefit of doing so would be no back end data mgmt code required and participation in U1 sync once that is supported.

Thanks,
Bill

[1] http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtmobility-1.2/organizer.html