Re: Running background services

I think it's a good way to first restrict all accesses and then
"tighten" the "law" afterwards.

My concern are my (personal) core-apps:
Apps with APIs:
 - Music, IRC, Jabber, ICQ (There is an API)
 - E-Mail, Dropbox "new File uploaded" (OK, this could use the
calender-api for the "checking"-wakeup)
 - Updates? (will surely be an API too)

Apps I don't know how they will build it:
 - Skype (will need to check, if there is someone calling/texting me)
 - Dropbox / Uploading (will need to upload a file in the background)
 - Rendering (will need to calculate in the background)

Which apps could profit of multitasking comes down to:
 - Applications for communication in real time (including games)
 - Application which need to perform an upload (this should be coverable
by an API)
 - Applications which need to calculate massive amounts of data...

The first is my biggest concern. It would be solvable by providing a
central "push to device"-service. Is this ore something similar planned?