Re: QML d-bus

On Thu, 2013-09-12 at 12:07 +0200, Thomas Voß wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 23:12 +0200, Thomas Voß wrote:
> >> good to hear that you are thinking about a bitcoin client. Is there
> >> any specific reason you are preferring the java API over
> >> http://libbitcoin.dyne.org/?
> Let me know how that goes. We are happy to help out in case of issues.

So, the key word is SPV (simple payment verification). This basically
skips the cryptographic checks on the blockchain, meaning that we can
sync in seconds with minimal CPU usage.

libbitcoin doesn't seem to support this. In fact, the Java library is
the only complete and functioning library we have found supporting this.

So, it looks like it's going to have to be back to Java then. So, are
there any tips on dbus integration between Java and QML?

Maybe we can switch it back to C later, if one of the other libraries
ever gets completed.