Re: Landing plan - Tuesday 5th November

On 06.11.2013 09:40, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Paul Larson <paul.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:paul.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Those failures are due to the new default behaviour of the toolbar
(shown by default, automatically hides after 5 seconds).
Previously it was hidden by default, so the tests would reveal it and
then interact with it. The new behaviour introduces a lot of potential
race conditions on desktop/slow configurations where autopilot sees the
toolbar up, starts moving the cursor towards one of its buttons, but
before it reaches it the toolbar has started automatically hiding and
when the cursor reaches the position where the button was it’s no longer
there.
The solution is to first ensure that the toolbar is hidden, then reveal
it, and then click the button (when manually revealed, the toolbar won’t
autohide).
I fixed the most obvious ones already, but others will surface with
time, so we’ll have to fix them as they come.

We just need an emulator for the toolbar to be shipped with the UITK suite to prevent such things.

--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.