Re: Landing plan - Tuesday 5th November

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Paul Larson <paul.larson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> It's getting late here, but wanted to give a heads up on some observations
> so far for image 13.
>
> First, ui-toolkit seems to have added quite a few more testcases. This is
> always great to see!
>
> Gallery - new failures:
> gallery_app.tests.test_events_view.TestEventsView.test_delete_a_photo
> gallery_app.tests.test_photo_viewer.TestPhotoViewer.test_photo_delete_works
> gallery_app.tests.test_photos_view.TestPhotosView.test_delete_a_photo

Those failures are due to the new default behaviour of the toolbar (shown
by default, automatically hides after 5 seconds).
Previously it was hidden by default, so the tests would reveal it and then
interact with it. The new behaviour introduces a lot of potential race
conditions on desktop/slow configurations where autopilot sees the toolbar
up, starts moving the cursor towards one of its buttons, but before it
reaches it the toolbar has started automatically hiding and when the cursor
reaches the position where the button was it’s no longer there.
The solution is to first ensure that the toolbar is hidden, then reveal it,
and then click the button (when manually revealed, the toolbar won’t
autohide).
I fixed the most obvious ones already, but others will surface with time,
so we’ll have to fix them as they come.

> Webbrowser: - new failure:
> webbrowser_app.tests.test_title.TestWindowTitle.test_window_title

This one happens only on otto (desktop VM), and we can’t seem to reproduce
it locally.
For some weird reason, autopilot finds two instances of QQuickWindow (there
should always be only one) and thus raises an exception because we use
select_single() to retrieve the instance. The browser hasn’t changed since
the saucy release, so it might be a problem in autopilot itself?

Calendar - new failure: