Re: Cross-compile with CMake from SDK Apps to Unity8/Mir

On 16 December 2013 18:14, Michael Zanetti
<michael.zanetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 16 December 2013 15:28:23 Thomas Voß wrote:
>> I think the policy and guideline is pretty simple: For every new
>> project that Canonical is upstream for, we will default to CMake
>> (language/runtime-specific build systems aside). With that, all
>> developers benefit from cross-build support and best possible
>> integration with the overall system, thereby easing local testing on
>> devices and in the emulator.
>
> What are the plans for integrating this into QtCreator? So far using the
> wizard to create a new Ubuntu application creates a qmake project. Also the
> rest of the cmake integration in QtCreator is not quite complete yet.
>
> While I personally like cmake a lot and am happy to use it for projects where
> we're upstream, I'm not really sure how this would work for our app
> development offering yet.
>
> Are we planning to improve QtCreator's cmake support or will we ship a
> QtCreator style arm chroot for compiling qmake projects in there?

click command-line tool has merged support for setting up, managing
and cross-compiling code in chroots.

I believe SDK team is working on integrating both CMake into the
default templates and integrating cross-compile in a click chroot +
install & launch click in the emulator for testing. And Zoltan already
had a PPA up with a preview of some of this work.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.