Landing team 19.12.13

Hello everyone,

Today started out not too well! Thanks to Alan's and Omer's testing, we
detected a regression in the latest built images (#75, #76 and #77) -
video playback using mediaplayer-app stopped working. The problem was
non-trivial to find, but we were able to find the culprit: the new
android upload that happened in #75. Ricardo located the root cause and
we are now waiting for the new android to land in the release pocket.
Once that happens, we will kick a new image that should be once again
free of serious regressions.
Thanks for the swift action everyone!

Because of this, sadly, we could not promote any image today. Let's hope
that this image will be awesome and a promote-candidate!

Latest landings include: upstart-app-launch, lxc updates,
ubuntu-download-manager enhancements and more.

On another note - we're slowing a bit down with landings right now.
Holidays are nearing and we don't want to introduce any serious
regressions for the time when most upstream developers are away. No one
would like to have broken images for so long.
We will try to get as much released as possible, but still being cautious.

On the going green front:

* calendar-app (Nicholas):
Still no comment here, while calendar-app still seems to be failing for
maguro.
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/77:20131219.1:20131218.2/5575/calendar-app-autopilot/

* music-app (Nicholas):
Some of the music-app issues might be already fixed, as new changes in
trunk include test enhancements - but local testing made by Sergio
revealed a failing test, so we're waiting on feedback regarding this one.

* dialer-app (Bill):
It seems we're getting a constant dialer-app crash during smoketesting:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/76:20131219:20131218.2/5557/dialer-app-autopilot/
It's not causing any failures, but no one likes crashes. Bill, can we
get anyone looking at it?

* ubuntu-clock-app (Nicholas):
Image #76 revealed another, most probably, flaky test on maguro:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/76:20131219:20131218.2/5561/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/
The next image doesn't fail, but still - let's investigate this.

We will make sure each of these issues will get a bug reported.

Alright, let's make sure we have a great image to play with during the
holidays! Great job everyone, thanks and see you tomorrow.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx