dialer-app test crashes [was: Landing team 19.12.13]

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak [2013-12-19 18:51 +0100]:
> * dialer-app (Bill):
> It seems we're getting a constant dialer-app crash during smoketesting:
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/76:20131219:20131218.2/5557/dialer-app-autopilot/
> It's not causing any failures, but no one likes crashes. Bill, can we
> get anyone looking at it?

For the record, Mir crashes from the dialer-app tests aren't something
new, I filed a long-standing one in October already:
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1240400 This was a case where switching
from SF to Mir caused crashes, but at that time we didn't have tests
for dialer-app yet.  It *was* causing problems, it's just that the
test knows this crash:

        try:
            self.hangup()
        except MismatchError as e:
            print('Expected failure due to known Mir crash '
                  '(https://launchpad.net/bugs/1240400): %s' % e)

I. e. it crashes when the test clicks the hangup button. I added that
since otherwise I could never land tests at all.

However, I don't see that message in the current logs, so I proposed
a branch to drop that try/except. If that succeeds, I'll close
1240400:

  https://code.launchpad.net/~pitti/dialer-app/drop-expected-crash/+merge/199754

The new stack trace in
https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/job/trusty-touch-mako-smoke-dialer-app-autopilot/72/artifact/clientlogs/_usr_bin_dialer-app.32011.crash
is still Qt/Mir related, but looks different, so I take it we'll need
a new bug for that. While the test log showed that whoopsie uploaded
it, it seems it never appeared on
https://errors.ubuntu.com/?package=dialer-app&period=month . LP
doesn't seem to have a bug for it, so I uploaded the .crash to
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1262982. Let's see whether the LP retracers
have more luck.

FTR, most tests have

  @skipIf(os.uname()[2].endswith("maguro"),
          "tests cause Unity crashes on maguro")

as there are even more crashes. See maguro build logs in
https://code.launchpad.net/~pitti/dialer-app/maguro-tests/+merge/193774
. I'll restart it now to see where we stand there.

Thanks,

Martin