Re: Qt 5.2 info, fixes and rebuilds needed

Hello,

On 19.12.2013 10:02, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
== Qt 5.2.0 final and library transition, rebuilds needed ==

Qt 5.2 is now at ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-beta2 [1] - updates to
Qt will come, but for example most synchronizations of packaging with
Debian have been done already.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-beta2/+packages

It is important to note that Qt 5.2 has ABI breakage [2] so all Qt
depending packages need a rebuilt. It is partially forced by the
library rename "libqt5core5" to "libqt5core5a", which conflict. When
upgrading to this PPA, you will need to remove any packages that have
not successfully rebuilt there, which is as of this moment most of
them because I only just copied the final Qt packages over, and
because any problem at the top of the dependency chain prevents others
from getting built.

This will affect apps in the software store too. What are we going to do about this?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! http://packaging.ubuntu.com