Re: Qt 5.2 info, fixes and rebuilds needed

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the project almost ready to land, could we relax the "no regressions"
> policy for this particular landing?

I agree with your rationale and a part of me would like to see "bite
the bullet", but there are several enough reasons to not do so. If
it'd be started soon and taking the risk, I can see how it could
potentially block everything else (including desktop - Unity 7 depends
on some things that depend on Qt 5) even until the feature freeze. And
then we would have broken images and not able to land other things on
time. One key thing to land on the desktop side is updated nux +
compiz + unity for this cycle.

I believe that immediately after the FF is over (if not already), a
complete focus will be on landing 5.2 by fixing the remaining issues.
The Qt itself should be now "final", sans polishing, as of yesterday.
I've automated the PPA so far that maintaining the automatic builds by
itself is not much of an issue, but the downside is that the blockers,
old or new, are not immediately visible to everyone. The 5.2.1 in
there is now very new, so I expect a few new issues may need to be
found out.

-Timo