Re: Landing 06.03.14

Actually we shouldn't be disabling the OSK since as Leo and Kevin noted, that doesn't simulate the real experience on the phone. In fact I noticed that if you have the text suggestions enabled on the phone, and then try to create an alarm in the clock app, the alarm label is almost hidden when the OSK appears which hinders the user experience and prevents them from being able to tell if the typed out alarm name is correct or not! Obviously this is not tested by AP and hence the tests would just pass fine. But I only noticed while doing a manual alarm test on my phone.

So yeah, if possible we should simulate pressing the OSK keys while running AP tests on the phone.

nik90