Re: Landing team 12.03.14

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 16:16 -0600, Leo Arias wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <
> lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> On 12.03.2014 18:00, Didier Roche wrote:
>
>   We might need to have some view on what's seen on the screen during the
> test-run in the lab... Right now it seems that url-dispatcher works
> correctly, starts the test-app correctly but autopilot cannot detect it
> as running. Debugging continues.
>

>  Is there an alternate way to get the name of the focused application in
> unity8?
>

> Yes, you can use the Window Stack DBus interface exported by Unity:
>

> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/hud/trunk.14.04/view/head:/data/com.canonical.Unity.WindowStack.xml
>
> You can call GetWindowStack and the first entry will be on top.

Thanks Ted!

I've written an alternate version that doesn't use autopilot to make the
assertions.
https://code.launchpad.net/~elopio/unity8/alternate_focused_window/+merge/210956

If this new test also fails, then the problem is not autopilot, it should
be in unity or in url dispatcher (or on one of the helpers I used). If it
passes, then the error should be either in autopilot or in the unity QML
properties.

Both tests pass on my mako with the most recent devel-proposed image.

Łukasz, can you run my branch on the lab? And as you said, of course it
would be really useful to get a video of what's happening on the screen
during the test.

pura vida.
--
¡paz y baile!