Re: BUG: Ran out of space while installing ubuntu-sdk/go-qml directly on Nexus 4

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 16.03.2014, 11:03 -0400 schrieb David Marceau:
> On 03/16/2014 09:42 AM, David Marceau wrote:
> > On 03/16/2014 08:09 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:

> QUESTION:  What's the best block size for ubuntu phone bs=1MiB, but that
> seems a bit high.
the same that is used by the system-image-upgrader script in recovery
mode ...

> I tried:
> /sbin/dumpe2fs / | grep 'Block size'

> But I got an error.
> dumpe2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
> /sbin/dumpe2fs: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short
> read while trying to open /

you *have* to do it in recovery mode, else there are plenty of
mountpoints on top of the loop device that you can not easily unmount...
(and without re-initializing the bigger loop device the kernel wont
notice the bigger partition size)

> > sudo losetup -c /dev/loop0
> > sudo resize2fs /dev/loop0

none of these tools will be available in recovery mode (you would have
to port them to bionic first to even make them available)

seriously (on your PC):

sudo apt-get install qemu-user-static
sudo qemu-debootstrap --arch armhf trusty my-devel-chroot
sudo chroot my-devel-chroot
(do whatever you want to do wrt development)

is the better approach ...

ciao
	oli